On the true history of “woke” culture, dismantling toxicity and meditation as a recipe for freedom.
Justin Michael Williams is an author, speaker, and top 20 recording artist who is using music and meditation to wake up the world. By working at the intersection of music, mindfulness, and social justice, Justin has become a pioneering voice for diversity and inclusion in wellness. He has been featured by Billboard.com and Yoga Journal, shared the stage with Deepak Chopra, and presented at events such as Wanderlust and SXSW®. His new book, Stay Woke, gives people of all genders, identities, colors, religions, ages, and economic backgrounds the tools to stop wasting time, overcome self-doubt, and wake up to the lives we were really born to live. For more information, visit justinmichaelwilliams.com.
- Choosing your focus vs. operating from default mode [2:25]
- The meaning of the word “Woke” [8:58]
- Creating a vision from the center of your heart [12:19]
- Justin’s journey out of self-sabotage [16:11]
- Why Justin wanted to create a workshop feel in his book [24:11]
- Allowing space for the trauma and the joy [26:42]
- The practice of creating your own mantra [31:04]
- Creating habits with compassion [34:04]
- Social activism [39:40]
- What needs healing [44:41]
- Justin’s favourite view [48:01]
- Prayer [49:09]
- Stay Woke, Give Back [50:44]