On daily neuroliteracy, teaching your nervous system to listen expansively, and five profound yet simple steps to shift unintentional programs to intentional responses.
Lisa Wimberger is the founder of the Neurosculpting® Institute. She holds a Masters Degree in Education, a Foundations Certification in NeuroLeadership, and Certificates in Medical Neuroscience, Visual Perception, and the Brain, and Neurobiology. She is the author of NEW BELIEFS, NEW BRAIN: Free Yourself from Stress and Fear, and NEUROSCULPTING: A Whole-Brain Approach to Heal Trauma, Rewrite Limiting Beliefs, and Find Wholeness.
As the Founder of the Neurosculpting® modality, Lisa runs a private meditation practice in Colorado teaching clients who suffer from stress disorders, and she is a faculty member of Kripalu Yoga and Meditation Center, the Law Enforcement Survival Institute, Omega Institute, and 1440 Multiversity.
- Lisa’s experience with seizures [2:14]
- The impetuous behind NeuroSculpting. Learning the language of the body [6:02]
- Physical practices. Neurogenic Tremor release [10:45]
- The method of NeuroSculpting [12:20]
- Step one. Priming the nervous system to be listening in a parasympathetic, rest and digest way [13:45]
- The two different ways into the nervous system [17:14]
- The physical practice of shaking or Neurogenic Tremoring to regulate the nervous system [18:33]
- Step two. Enhance focused attention. Prefrontal cortex. The value of benign novelty [20:29]
- Step Three. Increase activity between the analytical and the intuitive self [23:08]
- Step Four. The body has portals into our psyche. How the brain values synchronicity [28.19]
- Step Five. Bookmarking an experience with a word [33:19]
- Lisa’s vision for the future [36:44]
- What to do after a fight with someone you love [40:11]
- Hand gestures [44:33]
- Children’s book. The Monster Under Your Bed [46:10]
- Lisa’s work with refugees [48:36]
NeuroSculpting by Lisa Wimberger
The Monster Under Your Bed by Lisa Wimberger
The Polyvagal Theory by Stephen W. Porges
Waking the Tiger by Peter Levine
Neurogenic Tremor Release by Doctor David Berceli
The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
The Warrior One Neurosculpting course for Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers
Girls on Fire leaders